Accounting Specialist - Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Established in 1969, TrailerCraft/Freightliner of Alaska is a heavy-duty truck and trailer Dealer, statewide parts retailer to the commercial trucking and transportation industry, the only dealer in the state of Alaska for Freightliner and Western Star trucks, Thomas buses and Sprinter service and passenger vans. It also markets substantially to the snow removal industry, selling specialized Western, and Snow Ex snow removal equipment to both residential customers and commercial fleets.
Position: Accounting Specialist - Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Department: Accounting Department
Reports to: Office Manager
Pay Class: Hourly
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are received for goods or services completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Key Results Areas:
- Accurately process receivables and collections by engaging in heavy customer contact and follow up
- Accurately process payables with the ability to work well with other departments, branch locations, and vendors
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into computer
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing payments, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credits are received for outstanding returns
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor names and data
- Process warranty payments
- Verify costs and freight
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, or mail
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software
- Prepare cash and check bank deposits; take deposits to the bank
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Upload invoices for payment into special customer accounting software and payment follow up
- Process and set up new customer accounts
- Phones – Back up on multi-line phone system
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- 1-3 years accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
- Frequently work on projects that require deadlines
- Work conditions are consistent with a standard office environment: Long sitting durations, majority of work accomplished at a desk using a computer, moving files, and phone system usage.
Click here to download the application.
Please email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.