Parts Sales Representative
Examples of Essential Functions of the Job
- Includes but not limited to the knowledge and selling of Freightliner, Detroit Diesel, Perkins and Truck & Chassis parts products
- Greet and assist customers with parts orders via fax, phone and walk-ins.
- All aspects of parts department functions including cycle counting, inventory & freight management.
- Look up and sell heavy duty truck parts using parts manuals (hard copy and electronic) to identify the correct part needed.
- Locate available parts when the dealership is out of stock.
- Use and operate a computer and multiple computer programs.
- Provide price quotes and other information.
- General knowledge on warranty periods and guidelines.
- Process manufacturers core returns.
- Use cash register to collect payment.
- Inclusion in a rotation for after-hours phone calls for emergency parts.
- Additional duties include stocking and maintaining showroom to meet company standards.
- Other duties as assigned as business needs require.
Job Requirements, Education and Experience
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Other: Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable. Forklift certification or experience a plus.
Experience: Previous heavy duty parts counter experience preferred. Previous cash and credit handling preferred.
Skills that are representative of the job: Knowledge of heavy duty parts. Ability to operate a computer and associated programs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be professional and safety minded at all times. Excellent communication both verbal and written, listening skills. Good customer service skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Able to work with minimal supervision and direction. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.